Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Trust

My heart aching with longing, my head aching with worry, I wonder:

How can I trust Him?

How can I trust Him with these still-forming dreams, these ill-defined desires?

I wonder, and I realize:

How can I not trust Him?

Look at all He has done for me.

He saved me from myself, my sin, my abuser, my rebellion, the broken aloneness of my self-imposed exile.

Oh, I’m still broken and I still sin. We are all broken sinners. But if we are His, then He is ours, and He is in us. We may be broken sinners but we are forgiven, set free, and we are never alone.

He heals the broken places. The scars will be with us until we return home, but even they have a purpose, as much as we wish them away.

The scars remind us of His faithfulness to us. How strange that sounds.

These scars are my Ebenezer, reminding me that He is worthy of my trust. They remind me that He has been and will continue to be faithful to me. If He watched over me and led me back to Him even when I openly rejected Him, how can I doubt that He is still watching over me now that I gladly call myself His once more?

He is faithful and just. He is worthy of our trust and our praise.

“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” –Lamentations 3:22-23 (emphases mine)

3 comments:

Pat said...

I absolutely love that verse from Lamentations. We are so blessed to know that His love is enough--DAILY!!
Stay the course sister!! You are on it!
pat

Stacey said...

What a fantastic reminder! God NEVER fails us...."How can I not trust Him?" So true. Thank you for sharing this!

Lisa said...

Thank you, Pat!!

And thank you, Stacey! It's a blessing to know it was a good reminder for you, too. Love you, sweet sister!