Friday, August 15, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Tell

I’m linking up with Five Minute Friday, now hosted by Kate Motaung, writing for five minutes with no overthinking or editing. This week’s prompt is Tell. 

GO 

I worry I tell too much. 

I know people respond to vulnerability. I know that when I share my struggles honestly, it gives others freedom, know they are not alone. Yet it is scary to be that open. What will others think of me? Are they judging me as harshly as I do? Will I look back in 5 or 10 years and wish I hadn’t written those words? 

And how do I tell my hardest story when I cannot read my own words without crying? It hurts to speak the truth, to tell of my pain and deliverance. 

How do I tell the truth while still honoring some sort of boundary for my family and me? Is it worth it? 

I know I respond well to honesty in others, and I long to be that sort of person myself. Yet I doubt the wisdom of being so open. 

Is it worth it? 

You tell me. 

STOP

2 comments:

ssandrax said...

Yes, it worth. We have to be honest and don't worry if others don't do it. The most important are you

Suzy said...

I think if your heart encourages you to tell, then that is the right thing to do. Thanks for dropping by my post.